a visit with dev, a whole lot of giggles & plenty of candids

Monday, December 3, 2012

SHE LIVES!
UHH, HELLO STRANGERS. I am somewhat embarrassed at how little I have blogged lately.
Like seriously, I've been slacking. Consider this a public apology.

On the bright side, I have had a stellar couple of weeks, and I hope it has been similar with y'all. I'll have to have multiple posts just to recap the past little while, so just bear with me.

Last week was one of those weeks that went by slower than EVER. So the weekend was much needed when it finally came. Saturday afternoon I headed to the cemetery to visit my sweet boy's grave.  I sat with him for a good forty five minutes. I sang him some of his favorite country songs, or at least I attempted them... (Josh Turner's low notes are close to impossible to manage) His parents showed up at his grave and words cannot describe how happy I was to see them. They greeted me with their love and hugs. We talked about Devin and the many things he used to do and say. We laughed together, we cried together, we mourned together, and celebrated his life together. As my visit with my darling boy came to a close, I sang him the song I always sing to him very last, Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood. (click here to listen and watch the official video) I love visiting him; I love knowing that even though he is gone, I can still sing country songs with him at that grave site. :)



Saturday night was a great night as well. Miss Moyra Pickup is darling, and she is such a great friend. We spent some much needed time together getting coffee, chatting, driving around, laughing. It's always a good time when the two of us get together. There are always so many laughs and jokes. She got so many candids of me laughing my face off. Some of them looked like I was going through some level 10 pain, but some actually turned out kinda cool after some editing and tweaking.








~~~

That's all I've got time for now. But....
I SOLEMNLY SWEAR I WILL NOT GO MORE THAN A WEEK WITHOUT BLOGGING EVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

There. You have that promise in writing.
And Aly Juliet does NOT break a promise. 

xoxo, loves.


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment