17!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yes, guys, yes. I'm FINALLY 17.
No, it's not 18. But I'm done with wishing my life away. Yesterday I realized that life's too short for that. I'll be 18 when I'm 18. Right now, I'm 17. And I'm so happy about it.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was such an awesome day. I woke up at 5 a.m. for dance, which was actually not so awesome. But the girls made me cookies and gave me cards and big hugs and sang to me. I loved it. Dance has blessed me with so many great friends and I love my dance girls so much. I went home after dance and just skipped school. So rebellious, I know. Bad mamma jamas over here. My two best friends, Kady and Alisha came and layed in my parents big bed with me. We watched Dr. Phil and took naps together. We joked, we laughed, we ate, we had such a great time together doing nothing. We always do.

Kady and Alisha went to Kady's house and I went to 8th period. I'm the manager for my high school's boys basketball team. The boys all sang to me and I, of course, blushed. I do have quite the problem with blushing lately. After basketball class, I went to watch more basketball while my dad's team practiced. Why would I want to waste time watching a college basketball team practice on my birthday, you ask? I love basketball so much. And I love my dad even more. I love to watch him do what he loves. I'm so proud of him and watching him coach brings me happiness, even when he's in scary coach mode.

Kady and Alisha took me to dinner. We went to a burger joint because we're low maintenance and we don't want to spend big bucks on food. Then we went up to the Y mountain together and sat on the rocks. It was in that moment that I realized just how lucky I am. I live in such a beautiful little college town with breathtaking views from the mountains, and when the leaves change, it's even better. We drove around for a while and then went to my house. My friend Lindsay was there and my mom had made cake and ice cream. Some of the basketball team showed up and I was so happy to see them when they walked in. I was really quite flattered that these cute boys wanted to spend a night at my house eating cake. We played the piano and I loved listening to people play. I sang and played for them. I'm sure I blushed, and I'm sure I wasn't very good. But they listened and I smiled. I hugged them and they left. What a great day I had. I was grinning from ear to ear when I got into my cozy bed. I was almost asleep when someone jumped on me and put a blanket over my head and pulled me out of bed.

WHOA.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty scared. The first words that came out of my mouth were "Wait.. whoa whoa whoa I'm not wearing pants." Those probably weren't the wisest choice in words when I was being taken out of bed by someone unknown to me at the time. But no need to worry, it was just Kady and Alisha. "There's one hour until your birthday's over. Let's end this right!!" They drove around and my head was under the blanket. I had no idea of my whereabouts and I was so confused. We got out of the car and I saw red benches. That's when I knew we were at iHop. I laughed and acted like it was so predictable, but I was so humbled in that moment. Those girls had school the next morning, but they were at iHop with me 'til midnight.

I learned a lot being 16. It was definitely a year of learning, not always the easy way, but I learned so much in the past year. I grew up a lot, I dealt with some hard things, and I had SO many amazing experiences that I'm so grateful for. I'm so excited for 17. It's gonna be such a fun year. It definitely started off with a great birthday, thanks to the sweet boys who stopped by, my parents, my dance friends, and especially my two best friends. I'm so lucky to have so many people who love me. It never ceases to amaze me how much God has blessed me.




















Thanks to all of you who made my birthday so great. I'm genuinely grateful for all of you. And huge thanks to my best friends, I love you ladies more than I can even say.

And that's a wrap for tonight.

Sweet dreams y'all. 






Leave a Comment

Post a Comment