the little things

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

the other day, i was driving over to alpine to see my grandma and to visit the cemetery. while i was driving there, a song by Due West came on the radio. i couldn't help but smile and know that it was a little sign from my guardian angel saying hello to me; telling me he loves me. and i sure do love him.


my eighth grade year, devin's seventh grade year, one of dev's favorite country bands came to utah to do a local concert to fundraise for devin and his family.  he seriously loved this band so much. i went early to help out with setting the whole venue up. we set up chairs, decorations, if i remember correctly there were candles that we were lighting. and then there was devin and his family. when Due West came on stage, devin did his up and down bouncy thing he did when he got excited. i thought he was going to burst. that night was pure happiness.

it's really hard to grasp the whole concept of death- especially when it's someone you really loved. to think that they're gone, absolutely GONE, it's really difficult and it's not an easy thing to come to terms with. but it's little moments like these that bring him back to me, for just a moment. the times when i'm driving around and his favorite band or one of his favorite songs come on, and i know that he's sitting in my front seat jammin' out with me.

it's like the clouds open up and let him come down just when i need him the most. it's pretty amazing. life is a really cool thing. it's really hard sometimes, harder than i would prefer it to be. but it's really so wonderful.
 photo ScreenShot2013-10-14at62524PM_zps57e3d054.png

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment