Reality is the Villain

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The sun went down quite some time ago.
It's closer now to the upcoming sunrise than it is to the previous sunset.
1:13... 1:14... 1:15
The wheels in my head are turning.
Time keeps passing.
My eyelids keep dropping, then opening fast.
Flashbacks, questions, yearning for answers; they're keeping my brain alert.
Like a mouse tiptoeing around a trap, I'm on edge.
1:23... 1:24... 1:25
Time is passing so fast but so slow.
God only knows what number the clock will show when I finally give up.
These late nights are lonely.
It's nothing but me and my thoughts.
Sometimes my thoughts are great company.
But most times, like this time, they aren't.
Reality is the villain.
The villain doesn't sleep.
And when the villain really hits me, neither do I.
1:29... 1:30... 1:31
The villain gets worse as the clock ticks on.
It does not stop.
Reality.
It hits me like a load of bricks.
From one thought to another, to another, to another.
It's like going from a beautiful trail full of lush green and glossy pebbles, slowly turning into one of dead trees and leaves crunching on cracked, stone rubble.
The time only worsens where I stand.
1:31
1:31
1:31
1:31
PLEASE LET THE TIME PASS.
THIS VILLAIN HAS THE BEST OF ME.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment