all mah ladiez

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Can I just say... I have the greatest best friends in the world. It turned out to be quite a fantastic week for me, despite the anxiety I have been having the past two days. I spent most of the week with one of my best friends, little miss Kady. Little miss Kady is such a great friend, I don't even know where to begin. I was watching over my cousin's house while she and her hubby were in Washington. Kady and I slept over there a couple times and I don't think I'm speaking for myself when I say, we had so much fun. We had dance parties, made up funny dances to funny songs, ate some Costa Vida, watched movies, and had some of the greatest conversations.

Ya know, I really am so blessed to have friends who are so down to earth. I can honestly say, me and Kady have some seriously good conversations. Sure, we're crazy, stupid teenage girls most of the time. But I think we really know where our lives are going, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm incredibly grateful for friends who guide me and remind me daily that high school life doesn't have to be like in the movies. It can be plain, simple, and we can be good kids, even when we're crazy teenagers.

*****

A couple days ago, I sang the national anthem at my dad's basketball game. My other best friend, Alisha came with me. We went downtown and got some coffee before I sang. There was a super hot guy at Beans & Brews, and we took pictures of him while he wasn't looking (the fact that I just admitted to that publicly.....). We joked, laughed, shared stories. We went back to the arena and the time came for me to sing. I was TERRIFIED. I had sang the anthem in that arena at least 4 times, so I had no reason to be as scared as I was... but I was. Absolutely petrified. Alisha was so helpful to me as far as calming me down, of course that was after she told me she had a secret to tell me, and then burped in my ear. I sang and was so content with how I did. We stayed for the rest of the game and had such a good time. I felt so blessed to have a best friend who I share such a great bond with and who I can share such incredible experiences with.

So all in all, I am blessed. I know that so many people would KILL for a best friend like mine, and here I am with two of them.  I am truly blessed- not lucky, but blessed. God has blessed me with these two pretty ladies in my life, and I am so grateful for it.

Have a fantastic evening, ladies and gents.


oh, my mom's pretty rad too





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment